Facts about Pembroke Welsh Corgis Edit
The Pembroke Welsh Corgi is a cattle herding dog breed which originated in Pembrokeshire, Wales. It is one of two breeds known as a Welsh Corgi. The other is the Cardigan Welsh Corgi, and both descend from the line that is the northern spitz-type dog. Another theory is that Pembrokes are descended from the Swedish Vallhunds, which were crossed with the local Welsh herding dogs. The Pembroke Welsh Corgi is the younger of the two Corgi breeds and is a separate and distinct breed from the Cardigan. The corgi is one of the smallest dogs in the Herding Group. Pembroke Welsh Corgis are famed for being the preferred breed of Queen Elizabeth II, who has owned more than 30 during her reign. These dogs have been favored by British royalty for more than seventy years, but among the British public, have recently fallen into decline in terms of popularity and demand.
Coat colors Edit
- Black & Tan
- Black & White
Bold, Friendly, Outgoing, Playful, Protective, Tenacious, Smart and alert, affectionate but not pushy, bold but kindly.
Bobtailed Pembroke Welsh CorgiEdit
Longtailed Pembroke Welsh CorgiEdit
In popular culture Edit
- Cowboy Bebop features an extraordinarily intelligent Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Ein.
- Lil' Lightning from 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
- In RWBY and RWBY Chibi, Ruby and Yang have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Zwei, who is sent to them by their father Taiyang and may be a reference to Ein.
- In the Cartoon Network short Infinity Train, the protagonist, Tulip, discovers a land populated by Pembroke and Cardigan Welsh Corgis.
- A Pembroke Welsh Corgi appears in the police sitcom Brooklyn Nine-Nine named Chedder, who is owned by the commanding officer, Captain Raymond Holt.